Wednesday 20 July 2011

Father-in-law

This coming friday is a day full of birthdays. First of all it will be my sisters birthday. We will see her only a few days after, because we are going to Holland on tueday!! Looking so much forward to it. I can then give her her card, cos I am a bit scared in sending it tbh :)
Also that same friday is my Father-in-Law's birthday. Steve is an amazing guy, and I love him to bits!! Yesterday I made him his birthdaycard with my new Adorables stamps. When I saw these stamps on Create and Craft I knew I had to have them, so I ordered them, and then it took almost 3 weeks before they finally arrived!! Not very good service of C&C. When they came, it took me 2 days to cut them out of the rubber and stick them on EZ-mount, and then it took me another full day to cut them out of the EZ-mount. Now that it's done it is time to play!!
I can post Steve's card now, cos he does not go on my blog, and he wont see it before his birthday :) I was really happy with the result!



I saw this type of card on Bev Rochesters blog, and fell in love with it. The card has a big hole in the middle and on the backpart it has the sentiment.
The little boy is colored with Promarkers and Prismacolors. For myself to remember and maybe for others who would like to recreate some of the colors, I have actually written down the colors I used.

skin= ivory, blush and ducky pink
shirt and socks = midnight blue, china blue, cornflower and blue pearl.
trousers = french navy, aegean, cyan and sky blue
backpack brown and shoes = cinnamon, tan and putty
backpack green and pocket shirt = olive green, marsh green, moss and pear green
hair and walking stick = walnut, cocoa and caramel

for the geese:
feathers = tan and putty and cool grey 1 plus blender for a bit of shading in the white.
Here's the card laying flat, so you can see the sentiment really well, and just the overall layout of the card!

Yvette
  -x-

No comments:

Post a Comment