Wednesday 22 December 2010

A x-mas cards order

Just 3 days before I went on holiday to Holland someone came to me and asked me if I could make 8 A5 x-mas cards for him. Hmmmm, 3 days is a bit short in time, and I was going to take some craft stuff to Holland anyways, so yes I spend my holiday making x-mas cards :) I made a few more then 8 so he had a choice :) Get ready for a long post with lots of pictures:

This card actually took the longest to make. It was also the last one I made, so I was a bit out of inspiration. I actually had a different image for it, but the whole thing just did not work together.
I have always said, I am never gonna buy any Magnolia stamps, they are way too expensive and all that. So when I was in Holland we went to the KreaDoe craft fair there was a Magnolia stand. And OMG the example cards they had ... just to die for!! So yeah, my idea of no magnolia's went down the drain and I ended up with 2 very cute father christmas stamps. This is one of them!! Colored with Promarkers, used a lot of distress inks to create the background, and used a Marianne design die for the snowflake, and a Martha Stewart punch for the row of snowflakes.


A fun step-card, made with Adorables stamps and colored with Promarkers.


I stamped the Adorables image with Distress ink (Vintage Photo) on watercolorpaper and used a wet brush to drag the ink from the stamp into the picture. A fun technique and with an amazing result!! I used Barn Door Distress Ink to give it a little bit of color. Some lace, a MS border punch, snowflakescurls and a sentiment and voila :)


Another relatively simple card. Though I now notice that the little girl is not holding her rope to pull the sleigh anymore. Both images are colored with Promarkers.

Lots of Distress Inks on this one. Stamped the borders with Creative Expressions - Christmas Postcard stamps, and the Image is from Kanban. Again colored with Promarkers.


This is a shaker card. I used flowersoft for the snow-shaker effect, but next time I need to use a bit thicker foamtape. The flowersoft gets stuck a bit!


My aunt Marij, who is a very good crafter and cardmaker herself, bought this Spellbinders die ages ago, and she never knew what to do with it. She asked me to make a card with it to give her a little idea on what to do with it. I cut it and stenciled it, and then I made a Faux Nestie to layer. I also made the buckle from a Nestie. I cut the smallest size, cut out 2 half moon shapes to give it the buckle shape. Dipped the whole thing in Versamark and then bronze embossing powder. I did it twice to give it a nice metallic look, and voila Faux Buckle so to say :)


This is one of my favorite cards I made on my holiday, It's got such nice colors and it's elegant. Used one of my new fave Spellbinders dies, and a stamp from Creative Expressions - Christmas Postcard collection. Also had a first go at making my own rose. There is a new Marianne Design die with 5 flowers. It's the same flower, in 5 sizes. Perfect to make your own flowers! Dipped it in UTEE to give it a porselain look. I love making these little roses!!


Image is from Adorables and colred with Promarkers.


I love this card. I like the blue and brown tones. The little girl and her kittycat friend are colored with watercolor pencils. I still need to practise with it, but she looks cute I think. The image, corner and sentiment stamps are from Adorables collection.


My last card of this post. It's a gatefold as they call it. I used lots of lovely dies, made a rose and stamped my little heart out!!

There, lots of cards, and there are still a few more I made in my holiday but they are for tomorrow's post!

Yvette
  -x-

2 comments:

  1. hallo Yvette,
    Wat heb je weer hard gewerkt en ik ben blij met deze voorbeeld kaarten voor volgend jaar. Ik vind je teksten ook erg leuk. Vriendelijke groeten, Marij

    ReplyDelete
  2. hoi ief creatief, het is iedere keer weer genieten als ik naar je kaarten kijk. heel veel kijkers wens ik je en heel veel succes.groetjes mama.

    ReplyDelete